Light the Town Blue Tour
Here are the organizations and businesses that are a part of the Light the Town Blue Tour:
- Oatley Vigmond – 151 Ferris Ln Suite #200, Barrie, ON L4M 6C1
- Innisfil Beach Park – 676 Innisfil Beach Rd, Innisfil, ON L9S 4H6
- Will Marshall Insurance Brokers – 264 Burton Ave, Barrie, ON L4N 5W4
- Data Gives Back – 175 Park Drive, Stouffville, ON L4A1J8
- Hörmann Innovative Door Systems – 200 Fairview Road, Unit #2, Barrie, ON L4N 8X8
- Pure Minds – Stouffville
- Lorriman Sturgeon Wealth Management Group – 126 Collier Street Barrie, ON L4M 1H4
- Vintage Throne Barber Lounge – 474 Big Bay Point Rd, Barrie, ON L4N 3Z4
- Basic Funerals – 152 Bradford St, Barrie, ON L4N 3B5
- City of Barrie Sign – In Heritage Park, 5 Simcoe St, Barrie, ON L4M 1L6
- CN Tower – 290 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
- Extend Communications – 24 Darling St, Brantford, ON N3T 2K2
- Grant Thornton – 85 Bayfield St Suite 400, Barrie, ON L4M 3A7
- Hospice Simcoe – 336 Penetanguishene Rd, Barrie, ON L4M 7C2 and 130 Bell Farm Rd #1, Barrie, ON L4M 6J4
- Lighthouse for Grieving Children – 2522 Rebecca St, Oakville, ON L6L 6N8
If your organization and business would like to also be a part of the Light the Town Blue Tour and be featured on our map, so the community can come and see your lights, please contact Hailey Pride at [email protected] or 705-721-KIDS ext. 301.
Light the Town Blue
If you would like to join our Light the Town Blue movement. Children’s Grief Awareness Month takes place in November. This is a time to raise awareness about the needs of grieving children, teens, and their families.
Grieving children and youth can be the ‘forgotten mourners’, so it is important to let them know we are here for them. Seasons Centre is inviting you to join the Light the Town Blue movement, which is an initiative to show support for children who are grieving. Blue symbolizes children’s grief, and lighting establishments with blue lights can show children who are grieving that we care about them.
Our mission is to ensure that no child grieves alone. The cost to support one child for a year of peer support sessions at Seasons Centre is $1600. Organizations that contribute financially by sponsoring one or more children, will receive a Light the Town Blue lawn sign, a cheque presentation, be included in our social media and e-newsletter feature story, a tour of the facility, and a charitable tax receipt.
To participate in the Light the Town Blue movement:
- Hang up blue lights in your organization
- Put up this poster for Children’s Grief Awareness Month
- Post on social media, tag @SeasonsCentre and use hashtags #ChildrensGrief and #LightUpBlue
- Consider donating financially to a child who is grieving
This is an exciting opportunity to show your support for grieving children and youth while also receiving recognition for your contribution. If you have any questions or would like to confirm your participation, please contact Hailey Pride at [email protected] or 705-721-KIDS ext. 301 by October 15th, 2023.
2022 Participant Photos
To see more photos of our 2022 participating organizations click here.