The following are a number of books that are excellent resources to refer to for additional support.
Books for Children:
- Brown, L.K. (1996). When Dinosaurs Die: A Guide to Understanding Death
- Goldman, L. (2005). Children Also Grieve: Talking About Death & Healing
- Hanson, Warren. The Next Place
- Kennedy, Joan & Dianne Dekkers (2012). What Does Not Ever Mean?
- Kennedy, Joan & Christy Hamill (2011). What is Suicide Anyways?
- MacArthur, H.C. Henry and Harriet
- Mellonie, B. & Robert Ingpen (1983). Lifetimes: A Beautiful Way to Explain Death to Children
- Mellonie, B. & Robert Ingpen. Lifetimes
- Paterson, Katherine. Bridge to Terabithia
- Peterkin, Allan M.D. What About Me? When Brothers and Sisters Get Sick
- Viorst, Judith. The Tenth Good Thing About Barney
- Varley, Susan. Badger’s Parting Gifts
Books for Teens:
- Chalifour, Francis (2005). After.
- Gootman, Marilyn E. (2005). When a Friend Dies
- Grollman, Earl & Max Malikow (1999). Living When a Young Friend Commits Suicide
- Kuklin, Susan (1994). After a Suicide: Young People Speak Up
Books for Adults Living/Dealing with Grieving Children and Teens:
- Buscaglia, Leo. The Fall of Freddie the Leaf
- Coloroso, Barbara (1999). Parenting through Crisis
- Fitzgerald, Helen. The Grieving Child (A Parent’s Guide)
- Johnson, Joy. Keys to Helping Children Deal with Death & Grief
- McCue & Bonn. How to Help Children Through a Parent’s Serious Illness
- Munsch, Robert. Love You Forever
- Nussbaum, Ness, RN, MS. Preparing the Children
- Parkin, Rebecca & Karen Dunne-Maxim (1995). Child Survivors of Suicide: A Guidebook for Those Who Care for Them
- Rubel, Barbara (2000). But I Didn’t Say Goodbye: For Parents and Professionals Helping Child Suicide Survivors
- Wolfelf, Alan. Healing a Child’s Grieving Heart
Our Program Director, Joan Kennedy, co-wrote a few exceptional resources for you and your family. These titles are for sale at the Centre for $15 each. If you are interested in purchasing one of these titles please contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org