This event has ended
May 27, 2023
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
I’m Hope from the Seasons Centre for Grieving Children. Losing my sisters was traumatic for me but I’ve learned, not all days need to be sad. What always brings a smile to my face is the smell and sizzle, of the grill. Join me on Saturday, May 27th for a chef-inspired grilling lesson at Napoleon Home Comfort in Barrie!
Learn how to grill some traditional and maybe not so traditional items on a BBQ,
- Flank Steak- with marinade ingredients, served with creamed Horseradish on a baguette.
- Plank Salmon- how to prepare the cedar plank, grilled salmon with cedar infusion, peanut butter, and pineapple.
- Stuffed Mushrooms- tomato, fresh mozzarella, drizzled with balsamic vinegarette.
- Caesar Salad done on the grill- with homemade dressing.
- Boxed Plank Cake- served with spiced apple, rum, and nutmeg marinade.
Twenty five lucky individuals (with registration) will have an up close, personal and interactive experience with Chef Don Cruicksanks a red seal chef and Culinary Professor at Georgian College with over 20 years of experience. The experience will be both insightful and entertaining but will also leave you with not only the “hows’ but the “whys’ to becoming a more confident griller. Registration for the up close and personal interactive experience can be made via https://napoleonhomecomfort.ca/products/ticket-cooking-classes-with-chef-don
The rest of us will learn from the gallery not as much fun but cool just the same.
Napoleon Home Comfort will enter all parties that make a donation in person or online throughout the week of May 27th to the Hope Around Town campaign into a draw for a chance to in a Napoleon Backyard BBQ or sign up for the Seasons Centre newsletter at the event to receive a ballot.
Raindate May 28th
24 Napoleon Rd, Barrie, ON L4M 0G8