21st Annual Tender Hearts Gala was held April 21st at Tangle Creek & Country Club with a Kentucky Derby Theme! Our guests had a great evening filled with delicious cuisine, laughter from Charlie and Dale from 107.5 amazing music by Memphis Mudd!
April 25th- Educational Day
Resilient Children and Youth Connecting Physical Activity to Mental Heath
Moving to Find Balance: Resilient Children and Youth Connecting Physical Activity to Mental Health
Workshops highlighted :
- Knowledge from the fields of psychology, kinesiology and neuroscience which offers exciting new ideas on how physical activity can affect the brain and support children’s mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- Simple tips for incorporating more activity in your own life, at home and at work
- Ways that organizations can support more physical activity for staff and clients
- How physical activity supports the brain health and emotional wellbeing of young children (0-6 years)
- Ways to encourage older children and youth to incorporate fun and engaging physical activity into their lives
- How participation in organized sport and physical activity affects the mental health of children and youth
- How to access family-friendly local resources that are low or no cost
4th Annual Spirit Catcher Awards Gala – November 15th, 2016
The Barrie Community Foundation with the City of Barrie, was proud to announce the date for the 4th Annual Spirit Catcher Awards Gala: November 15, 2016 at the South Shore Community Centre. Speaking for Seasons Centre for Grieving Children was Marcy Baldry, Development Director.
November 14th 6pm-9pm
Southern Cruisers 14th Annual Cruise for Kids ~ Saturday, August 6th, 2016
Southern Cruisers Chapter 328 continues their tradition with the 14th Annual Cruise for Kids in support of Seasons Centre for Grieving Children. Many thanks the Southern Cruisers Chapter 328, Barrie Harley Davidson and Samuel & Sons event sponsors, The White Knights, the kind ladies of the Barrie legion for the helping set-up, Peonyand Plumb for the beautiful donation and Paul Sadlon for the detailing Kits, 55″ TV donated by JT Plumbing and the Stained Glass Harley Davidson picture by Norma Vowels, The Restaurant Store for the Egg BBQ, Skinner Ink Tattoos for the Gift Certificate, Mark Cassie from the Barrie Police for your support and help leading everyone safety onto the roads and all our volunteers we appreciate so much! Great job to everyone!
Running Room Canada Day Race ~ Friday, July 1st, 2016
A BIG thank you to the Running Room in Barrie for organizing the Canada Day Run! We thank you for picking Season Centre as your charity for the event and for your generosity in such a successful year with 492 participates!!
Second Annual Scotiabank Buy a Brick Golf Tournament ~ Tuesday, June 21st
At this year’s annual Buy a Brick golf tournament at Bear Creek Golf Club, there were 172 individual golfers out on the course to support Seasons Centre. A day filled with positive spirit, enthusiastic participants, and gorgeous weather. Thank you to Scotiabank, our volunteers, our organizers, and everyone who was apart of such great event. Thank you to Tom Robinson, Community Manager of Scotiabank, and Tim Schlitt, Senior Client Relationship Manager for Scotiabank, for spearheading the second annual Scotiabank Golf Tournament in support of Seasons Centre.